5 Facts About Acrylic Dentures
Dentures have been used to replace lost natural teeth for several decades, but they have changed dramatically since the days of old. Today’s dentures look, work and feel like natural teeth, so you can enjoy a beautiful smile and increased confidence when your smile is on show. Here are five facts about acrylic dentures:
- Acrylic dentures are designed to mimic natural smiles: our modern acrylic dentures are specially designed to create natural looking, beautiful smiles. They consist of pink-coloured material that blends seamlessly with your gums and natural looking prosthetic teeth.
- Acrylic dentures are cost-effective: dentures are a tried and tested method and offer a more affordable alternative to dental implants. The treatment process is simple, dentures are easy to look after and you can enjoy all the same benefits as you would with a healthy set of natural teeth.
- Eating is easy with acrylic dentures: it’s true that eating with dentures can take a little getting used to, but it will soon become second nature and you’ll probably find you can enjoy a much wider range of foods than you did when you had missing teeth. For the first few days, we recommend sticking to a soft diet and gradually introducing a broader spectrum of foods.
- Dentures can boost your confidence: your smile is one of your most noticeable features, so it’s not surprising that many people who dislike the look of their teeth. With dentures, you can look forward to smiling again, safe in the knowledge that your new teeth look great.
- We provide partial and complete dentures: we offer dentures for patients with multiple missing teeth as well as those who have lost full arches. Partial dentures can be held in place by discreet clasps and the prosthetic teeth are designed to match the natural teeth, while complete dentures are held in place by the natural suction force exerted by the gums.
To find out more about dentures, call us today!