5 Reasons To Wear Retainers after Teeth Straightening
- Prolonged results: retainers are specially designed to maintain the position of the teeth. Braces move the teeth into the desired position, and it’s then the retainer’s job to keep the teeth in place. If you wear your retainers, this will help to prolong the results of orthodontic treatment for years to come.
- Lower risk of relapse: braces realign and reposition the teeth, but once you stop wearing them, there is a risk that the teeth will continue to move. Wearing retainers helps to reduce the risk of relapse.
- Saving money: if your teeth start to move out of position, this increases the likelihood of needing repeat treatment, which will carry a cost.
- Reducing the need for repeat treatment: when you’ve worn braces for weeks, months or years, the last thing you want to worry about is needing them again. Sadly, there’s no guarantee that your teeth will stay put once your brace is removed, and this why retainers are so important. Using retainers will help to combat the need for further treatment.
- Improved confidence: if you’ve just had your braces removed, you’re probably on top of the world. Wearing retainers can help to keep your smile looking incredible and ensure you continue to feel confident when you smile.