Fast Teeth Restoration Using CEREC Technology in London
Teeth restoration need not be time-consuming. With CEREC technology, your London dentist could custom-design and fit a new veneer, crown, inlay or onlay in just a single visit. Gone are the days when you have to wait for two weeks to complete a teeth restoration procedure.
A dental restoration product, CEREC allows your dentist to create a ceramic dental restoration material. This material contracts and expands in response to changes in temperature.
CEREC, which stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, utilizes computer assisted technologies such as CAD/CAM and three-dimensional photography.
Following is a step by step procedure on how the CEREC technology works:
• The tooth preparation will be done by your dentist, similar to the preparation done before fitting a veneer or crown.
• Your dentist will use a digital image to create an impression of your tooth.
• The digital image of your tooth will then be converted into a three-dimensional computerized model. This computerized model will be used as basis for the design of your tooth restoration.
• Once the new tooth design has met the satisfaction of your dentist, the data will be sent to a milling machine. This milling machine will manufacture your tooth from a special ceramic block.
• The ceramic block comes in various shades and colours. The colour of your restored tooth will be matched to your surrounding teeth.
• Your London dentist would then glaze or polish your new crown or veneer. Lastly, the newly-made restoration will be placed and cemented on your tooth.