Important Dietary Tips from the London Dentists
Diet plays an important role in maintaining healthy teeth and gums. Vitamins and minerals are required in adequate amounts to promote strength to the teeth. Some of the common substances, which are required to facilitate health in babies, children, seniors and adults, are:
• Calcium- you can find calcium in food substances like yogurt, cheese, milk, and egg. It is the main constituent of the teeth and bones. Calcium gives energy and strength to the teeth and helps them to fight against bacteria.
• Phosphorous- It is mainly found in beef, turkey, chicken, bread and egg. Phosphorous is another major component required for the healthy growth of the teeth.
• Vitamin A- Pumpkin, liver, sweet potato, carrot, broccoli and spinach are rich in this vitamin. They help in the formation of tooth enamel, which protects the teeth from decay and caries.
• Vitamin C- This vitamin is commonly seen in citrus fruits, tomatoes, cabbage and strawberries. They are essential to promote the growth of gums.
• Vitamin D- Mackerel, tuna, milk, egg yolk and salmon are rich in Vitamin D. Sun is another major source of this vitamin.
• Fluoride- They helps to prevent caries and decay of the teeth especially in children.
People in London are very cautious and careful regarding their dental hygiene. You should brush daily and keep your gums and teeth free of bacteria. This will help in preventing gum diseases and caries largely. Do not indulge in junk food as they cause a lot of harm to the tooth enamel.