Many people are choosing to have orthodontic treatment to correct imperfections that affect the alignment of the teeth and the look of the smile. While in days gone by, orthodontic therapy involved wearing highly-visible, often bulky, braces, today, patients have an incredible range of treatment options.
One major development in the field of orthodontics is the introduction of lingual braces. If you’re desperate for a straight smile, but you’ve been put off by the idea of wearing visible braces in the past, now is the time to reconsider. With lingual braces, you can enjoy the smile of your dreams without anyone knowing that you’ve got braces.
WIN is an innovative lingual brace system, which offers a modern alternative to conventional fixed braces. Lingual braces function in a similar way to traditional fixed braces, but there is one significant difference: lingual braces are attached to the back of the teeth, rather than the front. Lingual braces are ideally suited to patients who want straight teeth without the stress of wearing braces that can be seen every time you speak or smile.
WIN lingual braces are different to other types of lingual braces because they target both the crown and the tooth root at the same time. This accelerates tooth movement, and the fixed element eliminates the risk of unpredictable results. WIN lingual braces are often considered as an alternative to removable, clear braces, which are very popular due to their virtual invisibility. We recommend lingual braces for patients who have moderate or complex orthodontic needs, as they provide more support for the teeth, and the results are not reliant on the patient following usage instructions.
Questions? We got the answers!
WIN lingual braces are an amazing example of how far orthodontic appliances have come. These cutting-edge braces offer an array of benefits, including:
- Invisibility: many people are reticent about having orthodontic treatment because they don’t want to see braces when they look in the mirror, or they have reservations about what other people will think or how braces will impact their social life or their career. Lingual braces provide a solution for image-conscious patients, as they are fitted to the back of the teeth. This means that they are invisible when you smile. You’ll be the only person (apart from your dentist!) who knows that you’ve got braces.
- Comfort: WIN lingual braces are made from small, sleek components for enhanced comfort and improved speech.
- Simple treatment process: once your WIN lingual braces have been fitted, all you have to do is sit back and let them do all the hard work. You don’t need to worry about taking your braces in and out, swapping them over or remembering to have them in for a certain number of hours per day.
- Predictable results: fixed braces produce much more predictable results than removable appliances.
- Versatility: WIN lingual braces are suited to a wide range of orthodontic patients.
- Improved oral health: WIN lingual braces make keeping your teeth and gums clean and healthy a doddle.
It’s impossible to give an answer to this question, as every patient is different. When you see your dentist for your consultation, they will be able to discuss anticipated timeframes with you based on your orthodontic prescription.
If you’re looking for an orthodontic system that enables you to get on with your life without the worry of other people spotting a brace or feeling self-conscious about your appearance, this could be an ideal choice for you. WIN lingual braces are suited to the majority of orthodontic patients.