Invisalign Procedure in London
Want to have the kind of smile that celebrities have? Try Invisalign. A revolutionary orthodontic appliance, Invisalign is designed to correct misshapen teeth and close gaps between teeth. These invisible aligners or braces as they are popularly known, is a great improvement from metal-wire braces traditionally used in orthodontics.
London dentists use computerised and three-dimensional modelling technologies to produce transparent aligners that are touted to give you straight, natural-looking teeth.
Compared with metal-wire braces that cause irritation and inflammation of soft tissues and gums, Invisalign only causes slight discomfort during the initial use. And Invisalign does not have the unsightly look of metal-wire braces because it is transparent.
Maintaining your regular, good oral hygiene is easy with Invisalign because you can remove it when you eat and when you brush or floss your teeth.
The procedure for placing the Invisalign is easy;
• Upon consultation, your dentist will make an assessment of your teeth alignment. He will make a moulding or impression of your teeth using a dental putty. He will then photograph your teeth and smile from various angles.
• Using a CT scanner, a three-dimensional model of your teeth will be created.
• The three-dimensional model will be used to simulate the movement of your teeth from their current position to the one that will give you a straight, natural looking smile.
• The computer simulation will be used as basis to customize your aligners.
• Your aligners should be worn for at least 22 hours a day and replaced every two weeks.
• Your London dentist will regularly monitor the progress or movement of your teeth. The success of your treatment will depend largely on how well you comply with your dentist’s instructions.