What is Invisalign Express?
Invisalign Express is an orthodontic treatment with clear aligners, designed for people with a minor teeth misalignment or a tiny gap you’d like closing. In most cases, Invisalign Express is recommended for patients who have undergone brace treatment but the teeth have moved again due to a lost or broken retainer.
The advanced technology behind Invisalign allows for an orthodontic treatment that doesn’t require tightening or wires; you pop the aligner over your teeth and wear it for at least 22 hours a day. With Invisalign, you can continue to enjoy your favourite foods and drinks and your favourite sports with a minimal adaptation to your lifestyle.
Talk to us about Invisalign Express
What to expect from Invisalign Express treatment?
Invisalign Express, like all other Invisalign treatments, begin with a digital scan of your teeth. After the scan is complete, our specialist orthodontist works alongside the Invisalign team to create your treatment plan. The result is a timelapse video, which shows the movement of your teeth. Once you preview the video and confirm that you’re happy with the results, your aligners are manufactured and sent to us.
On your first fitting appointment, our orthodontist will bond small, tooth-coloured attachments to some of your teeth (based on the treatment plan you have approved), and show you how to put the aligners in and remove them easily. You will have to change your aligners every 2 or 3 weeks, and visit your orthodontist for a review every 6 or 8 weeks. We will provide additional aligners at every appointment.
What is the cost of Invisalign Express in our London clinics?
You can expect the cost of treatment with Invisalign Express to range between £2000 and £2500, depending on the complexity of the case and any additional requirements you may have.
We will provide you with a quote for your treatment’s total cost at your initial consultation, and our specialist orthodontist will explain every aspect of this quote. The treatment will include:
- The initial digital scan of your teeth;
- Creation of the treatment plan;
- All of your aligners;
- All of your appointments;
- Phillips Zoom! Teeth whitening home kit;
- Fixed or removable retainers.
- If you would like to consider having remote appointments during your treatment, talk to our orthodontist about Dental Monitoring.
Pros of Invisalign Express
With the Invisalign Express treatment planning process, you will know what to expect from your treatment before you even begin. Your initial treatment plan will allow you to see your smile and start your process with confidence.
With a minimal number of tooth-coloured attachments and transparent aligners, Invisalign Express is virtually invisible, helping you keep your smile and lifestyle unchanged throughout the treatment.
Without large attachments and wires, nothing is poking the inside of your mouth while you’re wearing your Invisalign aligners. Snap them off during your meals and pop them back in when you’re done for ultimate comfort.
What to know about Invisalign Express Before you begin?
Invisalign Express is only suitable for minor adjustments. If, for example, the gap you’re looking to close is larger than 1mm, this treatment option may not be ideal for you.
Invisalign Express is a treatment designed with seven aligners, changed every 2 or 3 weeks. The entire treatment is expected to last up to 9 months.
The actual treatment with aligners lasts approximately four months. Nonetheless, when calculating the duration of treatment, we allow time for all factors:
- Treatment plan preparation after the initial digital scan can take up to 6 – 8 weeks;
- After the approval of the treatment plan, the aligners are 3D printed in the United States and shipped to the UK – this takes up to 4 weeks;
- There are biological factors that need to be considered – if one or more teeth take longer to move, this may delay treatment. Although it is not a common occurrence, we believe that patients must have realistic expectations;
- Compliance is essential – patients are required to wear the aligners for 22h a day. If a patient fails to comply with this requirement, treatment might be delayed;
- Impeccable oral hygiene is mandatory during orthodontic treatments. When the hygiene is not satisfactory, gum infections could demand pausing the orthodontic treatment until the condition is managed.
It is essential for patients to continue seeing their dentists regularly throughout orthodontic treatment and ensure there’s no plaque build-up or caries. We advise that you visit your hygienist more frequently during orthodontic treatment – preferably every 3 or 4 months.